The Ark Encounter

 


On Marceen and I's 20th anniversary trip to Kentucky, we managed to stop by the Ark Encounter and spent most of the day there. What a blessing that day was!


I really didn't know what to expect, but I surely didn't expect to be as moved as I was that day. The Ark was impressive, the floors inside were laid out to show how things may have been, and the exhibits were truly top-notch!


The Ark is one of those historical accounts in Scripture that is a stumbling block for some. Much like Santa Claus, it's treated as a fairy tale with smiling lions and cute giraffe's sticking out of a plastic children's toy. Yet the story is much more real, more dark, and yet full of hope.


I could explain how this exhibit does a great job explaining the truth of what the Scriptures say about the flood, the animals, the story, and the people - which differ greatly from those that don't understand (or want to understand) its story - yet my greatest takeaway were not facts, but faith.


I love how God gives us plenty enough to believe yet leaves the needed room for faith and has us to choose where we stand.


If this is a stumbling block for you, just reach out, and I can try to point you to resources.


His,

~Matt

Comments

Popular Posts