Prime Focus

 


The idea of "focus" has been on my mind the past couple days. I've been messing with some of my camera lenses as I'm pondering investing in a true macro lens rather than just a couple make-shift things I can come up with.


It's an interesting concept, because it's such a speciality lens, it sort of shuts out an entire world of photography and brings another into view!


On that note of focus I've been noticing how our minds wander to what we primarily think about - focus on. It can be something silly like the game of chess, or soccer (something I've been interested in as of late). It may wander to work, and situations there - or simply upcoming plans during a busy month. It's like when we put our minds in "idle" like a rubber band, they snap back to where they have been trained to think ...


I think it's a great reminder how we need to train our minds on thinking of Kingdom things first and foremost. How we need to shut out one frame of view, and focus heavily on another. I don't mean this analogy to mean to that we don't care of things going on in this world, or we don't care about work, or we don't care about our family and plans ... but rather we need to have a better Prime Focus.


The more I'm in the Word, in Prayer, and focused on His command on my life, the more my mind naturally wanders to other things.

Thinking of His inconceivable holiness, where is He calling me, where am I being disobedient, where I need to confess, what I can thank Him for, how can I engage better in the discipleship command, etc.


Let us all strive to shift our focus - and the more we do - we will see how our hearts and minds wander towards Him in our relationship, and not away ... but we must be vigilent. This isn't quite like my macro lens - we don't put it on and then forget about it. It's a daily lifestyle and dying to self ... but in this death, we will bear much fruit!


His,

~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts