Psalm 5 - Watching the Sacrifice

So many things can be drawn from this Psalm, but one thing, especially on this day of Easter, stands out more than any other.

Happy Easter! We are an Easter People all year long!


On this day, Psalm 5 'just so happens' to be the Psalm I'm sharing ... and what a fitting reflection it will be.


So many things to draw from, but as usual, I'll just focus on one thought for today ...



Psalm 5:3


O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;

in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch. (ESV)



There is something striking to me here about David's description of his morning sacrifice to the LORD. It's not the time, or the preparation - it's the watching ...


I wonder how many times we fail to properly meditate on what our LORD did for His children on that cross. David, while watching, undoubtedly saw it all ... the blood, the offering, the death ... all caused by sin.


While we live in the resurrection, we also live in the Truth of the cross ... may we never forget either.


Oh what He freed us from ... Happy Day indeed!

Comments

Popular Posts