Hail to the One True Victor!

 



I was reflecting this morning about fight songs, cheerleading, fans, concerts, and other various events that we attend where we see "praise". The object(s) of said praise often are on the field, on the stage, on the television, or even those that politically align with our views.


As a Christian, I too praise. We were designed to praise after all!

Yet I have been told in the past that my devotion to His Word (whether memorization, teaching my children, or my own worship) is "disturbing and uncomfortable".


Reminds me of when Jesus was making His triumphal entry into Jerusalem, as many were praising Jesus, His adversaries told Him to make them stop:


He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.” (Luke 19:40)


Creation itself was designed to praise ... praise Him!


So while we are all free to cheer for our team, clap for those who speak and stand for what we believe, enjoy music at concerts, or even shout in surprise at our favorite show, may we that call upon Christ as our LORD reserve our true praise for Him.


Hail to the One True Victor!


His,
~Matt

Comments

Popular Posts