Fuel


The Psalms continue to speak to me like few other books. Heart, passion, emotion ... yet filled with wisdom so needed for us today.

... and what a way to start.

' Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord , and on his law he meditates day and night.' - Psalms 1:1-2

What do you see when you read this? So easily our checkbox mentality can gravitate towards the "Ok, watch my counsel, take care to be on the lookout for sin, and don't mix with scoffers and keep my pride in check."

However I think the pivotal point here is the latter ...

Delight in His Word

Not just read it ... but delight in it ...

When I'm not doing this, my whole world is off balance. In my B.C. years, off balance was just excused as a bad day ... or a bad week ... or just that unspoken monotony of life that just left you empty. Now? Just a sign I'm not fueling my soul well ... and even taking a brief moment to do this, opening His Word, just makes me hungry!

Eager to get home, get some dinner, and fuel up!

His,
~Matthew


Comments

Popular Posts