Wide Doors of Opportunity Disguised as Conflict



'But I will stay in Ephesus until Pentecost, for a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries. ' - 1 Corinthians 16:8-9

I'm a classic example when it comes to avoiding conflict!

I've gotten better over the years, and in fact it's something I can't avoid in my profession, but it seems in my personal life, I have a tendency to run!

I think in some ways it's healthy, because some conflict is simply foolish. Sometimes it just causes dissension that I need not be a part of ... but there are other times ... other times when in fact this conflict may simply be a wide door for effective work that has been opened to me as Paul states above ...

And if I'm being honest, it's not really hard to tell the difference. I have often known that what I'm walking/running away from could potentially be an opportunity ... but fear and discomfort seem to win far too often.

Yet here is Paul ... thinking of staying in a region with many adversaries, because he views them as a wide door for effective work ... opportunities for advancing the Kingdom ...

I need to start seeing things through glasses of Grace, Power, Love, and Self-control ... and opportunity ... rather than fear and discomfort ...

His,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts