Murmurs of the Faith Deprived



Songs are written for many occasions, and the Psalms are no different. However in this case, the occasion was incredibly sad ... right on the doorstep of the promise, one more act of faith needed to bring them to their destination ... and the train comes off the tracks ... (Ref: Num. 13:32–14:38 to which this part of the Psalm was written).

' Then they despised the pleasant land, having no faith in his promise. They murmured in their tents, and did not obey the voice of the Lord .' - Psalms 106:24-25

We could speak of many things here, but what stuck out to me was this visual of everyone in their tents, quietly murmuring their faith deprived voices of concern, fear, and doubt ...

While we read about praying in confidence, and praying without doubt, God does not demand perfect faith (else there would be no reason for the cross of Jesus Christ) ... but He does call for trust, obedience, and submission ... even "in" our fears, doubts, and trembling, He honors those that step out in faith ...

It calls to mind my own walk, and I wonder, how often does God find me in my tent murmuring in weakened faith? Whispering to myself and leaning on my own understanding, not His ... my prayer is that when those murmurs begin, I feel the tap of the Holy Spirit speaking softly, "Hey, I'm here" ...

His,
~Matthew




Comments

Popular Posts