Clicking on Spoilers


With the new Endgame movie out (yes, my 2nd blog reference in a row to Marvel!) the concept of spoilers are a hot topic on social media ... but I noticed something last night after I saw the movie that really bothered me. I went to the Marvel page (to start following it again now that I have seen the movie) and saw comments everywhere, blatantly and intentionally making quick comments (all in CAPS) to give away major plot events from the movie ...

People were not just conversing, they were intentionally trying to ruin plot surprises for people with no intent other than to do just that ... ruin it.

Yet there are even more dangerous spoilers that get our attention on social media today (or any media for that matter) ...

Today I was searching for something completely innocent, yet happened to misspell a word (apparently commonly misspelled) and my search results blew me away ... a common search that any child could innocently do ... and what was thrown before my eyes took me off guard completely. Knowing possible misspellings, industries have laid traps to bring in those that stumble upon them ...

... and apparently new enough that my own home protection didn't even catch it yet.

One click led to another, and suddenly I found myself in the middle of an area that I never intended to be ... thankfully after only a few moments, but a few moments longer than I should have taken, I ran ... and confessed ... but ran ...

However spoilers come in many flavors of bait ... some of the ones that catch me off guard (that I've opened up about before) would be medical advertisements! They know how to get me ...

"3 signs that you are about to die, click here!" ...

   ... and I click just to make sure!

Oh boy, that sounds like me ... why did I click?


Others may be shopping related ... or food related ... things that perhaps take us away from being good stewards of our body, our finances, and our world.

Either way, beware of clicking on spoilers ... perhaps God can redeem them, like perhaps mine today, that may speak to someone, or save someone from that click ... but why go down a path that will need redemption if you can avoid that path altogether ...

'"The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! ' - Matthew 6:22-23

Be strong in Him ...

His,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts