Love in the Morning, Faithfulness by Night

In case you are curious ...
Rising over Alligator Point, FL
Setting over Windsor, ON

I seem to catch more sunsets than sunrises! I've never been a great morning person, but I will admit that it has been growing on me. I've always loved the quiet of an evening after a busy day; sometimes a sigh of relief, and sometimes a deep breath of thankfulness. However the morning, while still a struggle at times for me to embrace, brings something different ... hope, anticipation, opportunity; and not to mention the smell of fresh brewed coffee!

However, above (or in!) all of that for me is my faith ... and for a while now it's been book-ended by His Word ... and when I read this last night, while subtle and simple, it really hit home ... 
' It is good to give thanks to the Lord , to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night,' - Psalms 92:1-2
What a great pattern eh?

Waking up with the ongoing expectation of His love to carry us through the day, and then ended by a time of reflecting how faithful He was that day as we drift off to sleep ...

Love in the Morning, Faithfulness by Night ... all with thanks and praise ...

His,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts