It's all about me!


Vacations are the worst ... 

... the worst distraction that is from my relationship with God.

I'm just starting a 4-day weekend thanks to my employer that is off both Friday and Monday ... but what I prayed for last night, and continue to today, is that I use this time to draw deeper in my relationship with Him, not just me time ...

I'm sure I'll enjoy a bit more time doing things I enjoy as a hobby like birding, running, or just playing some board games with the family. But I want this time to be marked by my time with Him ...

I have all this extra time, but so often I use it all on me ... and not that I intentionally walk away from God, but I just love routine. I have my routines, and they work well ... but when the guardrails are removed, often so is my focus ... 

So my prayer is that I experience Him in an even newer and deeper Light than I have before ... and odds are if I'm journaling like this (blogging) I'm likely focused appropriately!

'Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. ' - Colossians 3:16-17

His,
~Matt

Comments

Popular Posts