Psalm 73

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kSzRwP1_0i55LjTwtuGXu3_F_x4B_rKw

Psalm 73 is another one of the many reasons I love the Bible - it shows the honest wrestling with questions that have been around for centuries, yet not hidden and ignored in the Text.

Asaph wrestled with seeing the wicked - those far from God - seemingly "doing well in life". This bothered him so much that he even writes in verse 2 that his feet almost stumbled when he became envious of them ... 

That was until he entered the sanctuary, and realized that this was an eternal race - not a temporal one filled with earthly treasures. The end ... will be very different (v17).

He then reflected on how he felt - almost ashamed (v22) that he lost sight of this - and lost sight of how faithful God has been with him every moment ... 

... and his final reflection?

But for me it is good to be near God;
    I have made the Lord God my refuge,
    that I may tell of all your works. (Psalm 73:28)

Essentially saying words I can remind myself of daily ... 

God is good.
God is my refuge.
May I glorify Him by making Him known!

His,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts