The Cup of Wrath

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16UBvK9ODH1cnOXgGNzBbZpk74QqEfjag
OK, this is not really a cup of wrath! Some may recognize this as The Triwizard Cup from Harry Potter! To be honest, it actually “is” the cup as this was from the HP movie studio/set in London when I visited there - and also happened to be the most wrathy cup picture I had at my disposal! :) (as I like to use my own images on my posts)

However, before I digress more, in reading Psalm 75, I came across one account we read in Scripture that talk about a real cup ... another cup ... one far less exciting to see ... 

For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup with foaming wine, well mixed, and he pours out from it, and all the wicked of the earth shall drain it down to the dregs.  - Psalm 75:8

It’s a stark reminder that judgement will come - and every drop of this will be poured out ... a sobering thought ...

It will be poured out ... it will be drunk ... but there is something more ...

It already has been ... 

Again, for the second time, he went away and prayed, "My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done." - Matthew 26:42

... and He drank.

His Wrath is satisfied ... for those that take refuge in the One that drank.

Father, no words can describe my unworthiness to refuge in Your Son, but I never was worthy, He was the One planned all along that was ... and is ... and forever will be  ... 

Soli Deo Gloria ...

Yours,
Mattthew

Comments

Popular Posts