It's just what I asked for!



This may date me, but I remember one year (maybe even a few) asking my parents for a Mickey Mouse Talking Telephone for Christmas! I wanted it so badly! However, alas, the day never came ... I grew up, grew out of the phase, and moved on ...

*pauses for a moment to check e-bay*

What? Oh, nothing ... just had to check something ... no, it wasn't the phone! Ha, that would be so childish ... !

*awkward moment of silence*

Anyway, it never came! Perhaps my parents felt it was wise to spare me the happiness, or they just kept forgetting (last child syndrome).

Either way, God never forgets, but sometimes He may just give us what our hearts are truly asking for ... and how scary it can be ...
' "But my people did not listen to my voice; Israel would not submit to me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts, to follow their own counsels.' - Psalms 81:11-12
What this is not about: This is not about being fearful of persisting in our prayers and "bothering" God ... He asks us to come to Him with our requests, even if it's a Mickey Mouse Talking Telephone-like prayer. He can reshape those prayers into our real needs.

What this is about: This is about persisting in our own ways, refusing to submit to God, and perhaps not knowing that His Hand of control has been restraining us and protecting us all along ...

     ... until It isn't ... 

As we push forward in our own strength, and are struggling to find success, struggling to get what we want ... perhaps that's a simple reminder to check out intent ... before we are released ... to ourselves.

His,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts