Wasted Time

 



"So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." (Psalm 90:12 ESV)

Perhaps the longer I walk with the LORD, or perhaps my age (or more likely both!), the more I struggle with wasted time. The time I spend on social media or other platforms may not be much, but it's enough to disrupt my heart and mind. A few minutes here and there are not random, but rather an end result of where my mind and heart wander throughout the day, even outside "online times". Interest in seeing a funny clip, a reaction, a comment, or just a quick check has become too disruptive to me.

Many love to give their advice! Usually, their advice ends up being an unsolicited defense of why they are fine remaining where they are (which I never even questioned) and not understanding why I can't manage it better! This often leads me to sinfully match pride for pride in my response! Oh, how hard it is to be like Jesus (reminds me of Rich Mullins' Song, Hard).

Yet the bigger issue here is not just media time management; it's spiritual disciplines for stewarding my time well for the amount of days He has given me. One in particular is how I recreate when I do have free time.

I've been given a love and passion for music, writing, and even nature photography - all wonderful ways to recharge, grow, and use my gifts to feebly attempt to bring Him glory and perhaps enjoyment for myself - instead, I often opt for mindless scrolling on my phone simply because it's easy, quick, and gives me immediate feedback - yet it never satisfies.

So, I am planning to attempt to "redirect" my time a bit better in these days I have left. I'm excited about the journey and look forward to spending more time reading, writing, playing music, and enjoying nature!

Soli Deo Gloria!

His,
~Matt

Comments

Popular Posts