Life is Hard


Life is hard.

My readings today brought me through several Psalms ... this is my first time reading a chronological plan, and it's certainly enlightening, especially when you can hear the Psalms written in context with what was going on ... David is struggling ... on the run from Saul, hiding, being hunted, and yet continually submissive to God.

Psalms 56, 120, 140, 141, and 142 I read today, and you just hear it ...

Life is hard!

I found it quite fitting that near the end of Psalm 142 you hear these words from him ...

"Bring me out of prison, that I may give thanks to your name!" - Psalm 142:7a (ESV)

Essentially, help me God so that I can glorify You! That's the heart of this ...

However, there's even more here ... I think anyway ...

The word "me" here (Bring ME out of prison) in the Greek is actually "nephesh" ... better translated (and NASB does this) is "Bring MY SOUL out of prison" ...

Oh how that captures the dark, hard, difficult times we find ourselves in ... it's not just "help me" .. it's "help my soul - it's in prison LORD" ...

LORD, I know I have found my soul in prison many times ... and I know many are struggling today, hiding in a cave in their heart, while their soul aches for You ... show them your Glory LORD, show them, help them, so that they may glorify You through it, in it, and from it ... free us ... and may we use that freedom in ways that honor you ... Amen.


Comments

Popular Posts