Minimize to Maximize

Jesus, the author or life and author of minimalism.

Lately I've been really focused on reducing my collection of 'stuff'. As Jesus stated in Luke 12 above, our life does not consist in the abundance of possessions. Don't forget that Jesus, God, is the real originator of the minimalism movement!

As for me, the goal of my minimalism journey is certainly multi-layered


  • On the surface, less stuff means less clutter! This is an immediate benefit as it seems to help create a way to maintain a bit more order in my home.
  • Digging deeper, it simply brings me to a place of deeper peace. Not chasing after things, quieting down the noise of life, living simply - this all fills my heart with much needed rest. It's no wonder that it does, because we were designed this way.
  • Yet truly at the core, it reveals two key things that we all so desperately need; Priority, and Purpose


Priority

It opens the door to allow things to become the way they should be, less of me and more of Him ...
'He must increase, but I must decrease." ' - John 3:30
With less distractions in life, it allows me to be affected less by the world, culture, and society, and more affected by Him; and in turn more effective for Him ... 

Purpose

As I pull back on things in life (stuff, activities, busyness, etc.) ... the point is not to shrink back into a cave, but actually to grow - grow in the ways we need to because of the things standing in our way.

We minimize so that we can maximize.

I don't want empty spaces of nothing in my life - I want empty spaces that He can work in!

This is where my excitement in life really takes off ... not imagining my American retirement dream ... but imagining where and what He has planned for me!

I need courage ... and increased faith ... to clear out useless things to make space for His things ...

His,
~Matt


Comments

Popular Posts