Encouraged by Community: Lessons from Joshua 1:16-18 on Leadership and Divine Guidance



Today's blog entry is an excerpt from my daily journal that I thought would be worth sharing. I hope it encourages you as it did me.


Scripture Passage: Joshua 1:16-18 (NKJV) - “So they answered Joshua, saying, ‘All that you command us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go. Just as we heeded Moses in all things, so we will heed you. Only the LORD your God be with you, as He was with Moses. Whoever rebels against your command and does not heed your words in all that you command him, shall be put to death. Only be strong and of good courage!’”

Thoughts & Reflections: I was struck by how the people of Israel encouraged Joshua to be strong and courageous, just as You had commanded him. It’s a beautiful reminder of how Your encouragement can be amplified through Your people. Additionally, their request for assurance that God would be with Joshua, as He was with Moses, highlights the importance of having leaders who are led by You. At that moment, the Israelites understood that having a leader guided by God was far more important than merely having a leader.

Applying Biblical Principles to Life:

  • Reflect on how I can be a source of encouragement and support for others in their spiritual journey.
  • Consider how I can seek leaders in my life who are clearly guided by God and align my support with them.

Prayer: Lord, like Joshua, I have been called to be a leader in some areas and a follower in others. As a leader, may I be led by You and You alone. And as a follower, may I be a fountain of encouragement to others, spurring them on to love and good works.

Gratitude & Praise: Lord, I’m thankful for Your Word, for Your daily refreshment, as my encouragement ultimately comes from You. Continue to draw me to Yourself, that I may not seek empty fountains but come to Your living water.

Comments

Popular Posts