Sometimes it works ...

... two things at a the same time that is; sometimes it works. Like how you can enjoy drinking two different drinks at the same time! That can be pretty darn fun ... and awfully cute to watch! :)


However often I'm finding with God that isn't quite the case. When the Spirit puts something on your heart you know it. It's almost humorous when you try to fight it, as if you're going to win a battle of wills with the Almighty! Sure you can push it aside, but it's not going to get out of your heart, and worse, it's going to turn into a cancer of the soul. The sad part is that's not His desire for us, we shouldn't harbor these damaging thoughts ... yet we do.

"For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate" Romans 7:15 (ESV)

The battle of the flesh and Spirit is a vicious one ... and often messy. Distorting us, letting culture define our values, and having us "follow our heart" as if we left to our own devices will choose what is good.

I may be able to enjoy drinking from two straws at the same time, but I certainly can't keep my agenda and His at the same time; we need to work from one plan. I just have to keep reminding myself that some of those items on His agenda are out of character for me ... out of my comfort zone ... but the results are out of this world.

Peace,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts