The Mysterious and Unknown

So this year I started noticing that my jeans (several of them) had a tear developing on my right hip/thigh. It was rather odd ... same spot ... on all my jeans ...


Since I didn't have a previously unnoticed compound fracture with a bone fragment protruding through my skin, causing some wear and tear, I figured something in "my life" was causing this.

Perhaps at my desk there was some trim that caught my jeans as I stood up, perhaps when I buckled up in my truck the assembly was catching something just right, perhaps ... perhaps ...

But as time went on (months) no clue ...

Then as I was taking a walk the other day at lunch looking for my feathered friends, I noticed something on my right ... looked down, and there was the culprit! My sling assembly holds my camera in a position where a screw from my camera mount constantly rubs on that spot! Until ... it starts to tear ...

Mystery solved!


However, as I often do in life, this really took my mind on a spiritual trip. After all, "His Path, Daily" is often my reflection of daily revelations of my faith and Jesus in my life. Those profound ah ha moments, and mountain top experiences, are few and far between ... Jesus is seen not in just those moments but often found (and sometimes more profoundly) in the everyday moments ...

So you saw Jesus in your ripped jeans, Matt? Yes ... yes I did ... I see Him and lessons of Him in everything. This is truly what fuels me ... it may be a Scripture, it may be a picture, or it may be a moment in life ... but He draws me to Himself in any way He can, and I try to notice ...

So I ask myself this ... and dare I say you ask yourself the same ...

What is going on in my life, that I carry around, that without even noticing, it is rubbing me raw ... damaging me ... ?

' Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!' - Psalms 139:23-24

I have shared this Scripture multiple times, and all it does is become even more important to me. We so desperately need Him to direct our gaze to what is grieving us ... and thus grieving Him ... we don't know what we don't know. While there may be certain sins in our life that we are contenting with, there are others, slipping under the radar, that are ripping us without us even knowing.

However asking God, with a true and honest heart, to reveal to you where unnoticed sin lurks in your life is a prayer He most definitely will answer ...

And then, when we seek Him to reveal an answer, may we take action. Like my camera sling now will be adjusted, so too our life must be adjusted. We must make change, we must repent ... else that hidden tear may cause more damage than we ever could imagine.

The mysterious and unknown cause of damage to my jeans may be inconsequential, but the mysterious and unknown cause of damage to our soul is anything but. Ask Him to have it revealed to you ... and change ...

His,
~Matt

Comments

Popular Posts