What I see ...


For those of you that occasionally read my ramblings, as frequent or as infrequent as they are at times, you may notice that I usually try to pin a picture of my own on the post with the focus of what I'm trying to communicate. Pictures, like music, speak to me on a very intimate level. Sometimes in fact, many times actually, I sit down to write and before even diving into His Word I just look ... look at pictures.

Why?

I see God everywhere ...

Some think I'm crazy, some claim I just hear voices in my head and I'm a lunatic, some roll their eyes, some just don't understand ... (and that's quite expected)

I may not reflect Him well at times.
I may not represent Him well at times.
Yet He is everything to me, and He is in everything to me.

I see God everywhere ...
My marriage, my family, my occupation, my hobbies, what I choose to watch, read, and listen to, the decisions I make, the actions I take, education, politics, travel, words like joy, love, peace, patience, everything ... even pain, heartache, brokenness ... I see God there too ... healing ... working ...

So even when I'm laying on the picnic table in my backyard in 50 degrees like this afternoon, soaking in the sun. I look over and see my 2 year old rolling her own snowball for the first time to make her very first snowman herself ... I see God.

I see her joy, creativity, and patience ... and He is all of those things and more.

You know this passage right?
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ESV)
You hear it at weddings (mostly it seems) and often spoke of when we are told how to love each other. You do realize God is Love don't you?

That is how He loves you ...

Feel Loved ...
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts