Grow by Shrinking


For me, I often draw to John [the Baptist's] words when pondering my relationship with Christ:
"He must increase, but I must decrease.” (John 3:30 ESV)
Or as some other translations read ... 
"He must become greater; I must become less.” (John 3:30 NIV) 
I reflected back on this verse as I was reading Paul's words in his letter to the Romans about Abraham's faith, and how it was "counted to him as righteousness". First, let's see the passage (emphasis added):
No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.” (Romans 4:20-22 ESV)
Not only do we see his faith shown by being fully convinced that God was able to do what He had promised, we also see how Abraham's faith increased; by him decreasing, and giving glory to God.

Do you want to increase your faith? Give glory God!

His,
~Matthew

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less.” - CS Lewis

Comments

Popular Posts