Rest and Reconciliation


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 ESV)


Rest? I love how Noah Webster defines it in his 1828 dictionary: "Quiet; repose; a state free from motion or disturbance; a state of reconciliation to God."

a state of reconciliation to God

Amen! It is so much more than (if not at all) physical rest!

I recently (over the past couple weeks) have been feeling quite burdened. I felt like no matter what I did I just could not catch up; at home, at work, in my personal life. However after spending some time with a brother and sister in Christ, I quickly realized that I just kept trying to get water from my own empty well (again). I kept trying to dig deep into something that just was not there. Sitting with them and simply talking about the beauty and majesty of Christ, our walks, and how He is speaking in our life rejuvenated me! I realized my fault, and handed the bucket over to Him again, to fill me with water from a Well that never goes dry.

I reconciled again with God.

I found my rest. And I feel refreshed.

Rest in Him, and drink!

His,
~Matt

Comments

Popular Posts