The Joy of Cupcakes!


Those cupcakes were delicious! I remember the first time I walked into "Just Baked" with Sabina and watching her eyes light up; it was precious! Aside from cupcakes, I have always loved good food. A lot of my weight gain (that I'm thankfully almost done battling for the time being) was due to just that, enjoying good food! I was rarely a stress eater, I just truly enjoyed eating and drinking great food and having guests over for dinner!

Social gatherings have a way of taking us away from the problems of this world. For me, sitting down with a glass of wine, enjoying some great food, and laughing with friends is hard to beat. However, David speaks of an even greater joy, one that I should let myself experience more often:

"You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound." (Psalm 4:7 ESV)

David had his share of ups and downs, no question. However he clearly sought his first love, and that was the Lord. I have to remind myself from time to time of the cause for joy I have in Christ. I know my path, I know where I was headed, and I know His Grace and Promise. How can a few amazing laughs compare with His promise of eternity?

We could discuss how we should honor that gift; with service to Him and others (his sheep everywhere). However at the end of the day, we're working toward an amazing finish line, one that will beat any amazing meal put before us!

I will enjoy my cupcakes, oh I will! I will enjoy good wine and amazing friends! Yet I have an even more amazing God, and through His Son, I have this abounding joy, now, and forever!

God be with you,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts