Point of No Return


Scripture, in particular Proverbs, speaks a lot about the dangers of adultery. Sometimes literal, and many times paralleled with idolatry and forsaking wisdom. This slippery slope is an incredibly dangerous path. In fact, so dangerous that you read this ...

'none who go to her come back, nor do they regain the paths of life.' - Proverbs 2:19

     It's almost like a point of no return ... 

Is it possible? Can we find our way back? By the Grace of God, yes ... nothing is beyond His reach. Nothing we can do can go beyond the supply of His Grace that is offered.

The problem is not Grace however, nor God ... but rather us ...

"None who go to her come back ... "

It doesn't state anything about being brought back (God is not limited) - but it speaks to us as a warning that those that go down this path ... well ... simply don't come back.

Adultery against our spouse, against God, and against wisdom ...

It's a path so dark, so evil, that we ... lose our way ...

     I pray if this is you, that in tears, a broken heart, and on bended knee that you reach out and grab the Hand this already at your side waiting to bring you back into His precious light (because you can't do it on you own).

     I pray if this is about to be you, that the fear of the Lord (which is the beginning of all wisdom and knowledge) protects you from going down a path that is so dark that few find their way back.

None who go come back ... none who go regain the paths of life ...

There is no such thing as a "point of no return" with God and His Grace - but we would be fools to think that some paths are not so dark that we could become lost for eternity. We would be fools not to listen to wise counsel and the warnings and advice that comes from Scripture.

Sin is tempting - Sin is sweet - but only for a moment before the rot corrupts us from the inside out.

 "Every day the enemy tries to offer us an apple, when God has already given us an orchard." - Jon Acuff

Stay in His orchard ...

His,
~Matthew

Prayer Request: As I sit I have friends losing parents, friends splitting apart from their spouses, friends struggling financially, friends struggling with their children, friends out of work ... so many needs ... I just want to continue to structure my life (physically, financially, socially) better so that I can offer more than I'm offering ... also - in a week my wife and daughters leave for a dance camp for a couple weeks that will find me at home with my son ... may the time apart be strengthened by His love (being apart from my wife - we are one flesh now after all - is difficult as I always miss and love marriage and family) as well as blessing the time that my son and I will have together ... may the time be not a time of 'making it through' but rather fruitful in other areas - and may my son and I enjoy the time we have together along helping to form a stronger bond and foundation in Him.

Praise: So thankful for making it through a socially challenging event for me - both physically, emotionally, and spiritually ... God is Good!

Comments

Popular Posts