Faithfulness


"But be careful to remember that you have been freed for only one thing - to be absolutely devoted to [God]." - Oswald Chambers

Where does your relief come from?

For some it may be the sound of the wheels hitting the runway back at home ... that certainly is a sweet sound to me too after a business trip away from my family overseas ... but moreso my thoughts of freedom come from hearing the virtual sound of chains falling from my wrists as He opens the lock ...

So often though I seem to pick them back up unintentionally and carry the burden yet again. However today, after a beautiful evening of worship and prayer last night, I'm reminded again that I have been freed ... and my next step? Keeping me in perspective to Him ... and Faithfulness ... it is a challenge though, and to borrow more words from Oswald:

"Be faithful to God, even though the nature of everything around you is to cause you to be unfaithful." - Oswald Chambers

I have not been freed to now go after the desires of my heart, because my heart is deceitful above all things, and just can't be trusted. He can ...

May I keep Him in Focus, in every aspect of my life, taking all thoughts captive, dropping all self-inflicted burdens and focusing on one thing ... to be faithful to Him ... my Savior, my Lord, my Comforter ...

His,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts