Fighting For It ...


Have you ever wanted something so bad that you figuratively clawed your way to get it, or at least try? You just had to have it ... you wanted it so bad ... you fought, earned, pushed, and kept persisting until you had it; or maybe the fight rages on.

For some it may be their career, a relationship that you are trying to save, that cancer that you are determined to beat, or even something recreational like that dream vacation you always wanted for your family that you are working and saving to finally have.

So that by any means possible ... you may attain it?

Paul felt that way too ...
Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. 
(Philippians 3:8-11 ESV)
Not only does this attainment sound like a lot more than a magical prayer, it reminds me of my focus and what I fight for. Do I desire Christ that much? Do I count everything I have lost as rubbish, so that I may gain Christ? Does my life reflect comfort, or commission?

This is not about guilt, it's about what we fight for; it's about Love.

May we find new energy and passion today for our Lord Jesus ...

His,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts