Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Believing


 
Sometimes when I sit down to read, study, or reflect on His Word, I want to find that little jewel in Scripture that I missed the last time. I want to find that word, cross reference, Hebrew/Greek, or some other hidden Fact to gain some new insight. While that certainly is powerful, and I admit fun and fascinating, if it doesn't change me, it's just noise.

So as I almost glanced over this well known verse (to me anyway) in my reading, I felt Him slow me down so I could reflect.
"And [Abram] believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness." Genesis 15:6
How did he stand righteous before the One, True, Living God? He believed Him and His promise.
I imagine myself in a dark and/or confusing time of my life, and I hear or read His promises to me. Do I continue in my darkness and confusion, or do I simply trust and believe Him? Do I simply say I trust His plan for my life, or do I believe He has a plan for my life? Do I say I know He loves me, He forgives me, He calls me, He holds me, He protects me, He saves me, or do I believe it too.

May I stand righteous before God, not because of my doing, but because of my believing.

Empty me of me father ...

His,
~Matthew

This thought reminds me of "Believing is Seeing"
http://seeingthepiecesfit.blogspot.com/2013_01_01_archive.html

1 comment:

Donna Schultz said...

Yes. This. Don't we, as parents, just want our children to believe us when we tell them something, or when we make a promise to them? How we must break our Father's heart when we don't believe Him and take Him at His Word. Thanks for this, Matt!

Print Friendly and PDF

Want my journal entries sent to your e-mail address?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Recent Posts

Search This Blog