Faith Like a Child


So earlier today, while the day started out wonderful (as Sunday morning usually does) it got a bit frustrating for me due to some various small things that built up. The frustrations were surrounded by issues that were, as usual, so insignificant that it's not even worth taking the time to write them down. However, as I stand against the counter pondering how frustrated I was (now becoming frustrated that I couldn't stop being frustrated) I looked at my middle daughter and asked, "How do you go back to being so joyful after being frustrated?". She looked at me, half puzzled, and asked "You mean, are you asking for you? Because I'm good at it?". "Yes", I answered, "How do you go from being 'mad' to 'glad' so well?" She looked at me, and with hardly missing a beat (though she gave me the look of honest reflection for a moment which I love so much) simply answered:

"Well, when I'm mad, I realize that I don't want to be with the devil. Not for a day, an hour, not even one minute do I want to spend time with him. So, I just choose to be with Jesus again. That's how."

This girl is absolutely amazing. She's hardly perfect, and has her own struggles, but she is so full of faith and love for Christ it is impossible to miss.
"Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” (Luke 18:17 ESV) 
Choice; simple choice. I, who Spiritually lead and guide her, went to my room in thanksgiving. With a smile beaming on my face, realizing not only what a wonderful child and sister in Christ I have in her, but realizing also that rather than leaning on a counter pondering wasted thoughts, I could have resolved this an hour ago on my knees.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7 ESV) 
I think she has this verse well understood ...


No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
 
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
 
"In Christ Alone"
Words and Music by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend

Comments

Popular Posts