Purging ...

Today I'm focusing on purging some things in particular from my life, mostly surrounding the struggle I have with control. My first reaction is to say that this is not an overnight change. However done correctly, I turn this over to the Holy Spirit, and I have absolute confidence that He can regenerate me in a moment.

Much of the disconnection I've been facing lately regarding my spiritual, emotional, and physical health has been surrounding this issue of control. I glean no joy from control, only bitterness, and yet I keep returning to this empty well expecting it to bring peace and life, when the only one that can do that is God Himself.

So I start my day with another beautiful run and even a couple children to join me on it. As I sit here in the park realizing how much beautiful time I have wasted trying to control situations rather than enjoying Him, I feel his refreshing forgiveness and love shining down on me.

His,
Matthew

Matthew 6:27 (ESV)
And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?


Comments

Popular Posts