Out of This World

It has been far too long since I gazed up at the stars, planets, and amazing creations that stand before us. It gives me such an amazing perspective; not how small I am, but how big God is. Lately however, the "Out of This World" experience that it gives me has become far less fascinating and real than other observations, namely the ones I see in His Word.
"Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him." (Zechariah 3:1 ESV)
When I reflect on being before the judgement seat of Christ, I imagine standing before the Father, with His Son, my Savior, at my side. I rest in the loving knowledge that He will say to the Father, "This one I know" (Mt 10:32). Yet I have not imagined standing in a spiritual courtroom with God as well as the opposition, Satan, pointing his finger at me in accusation.

Without Christ, this is a fearful encounter indeed.
"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them." (Job 1:6 ESV)
Here again we see mischief and evil intent being played out in a spiritual realm. The battle that wages against our souls is not [just] one of worldly attacks, but also occurs outside of what we know. In the spiritual courts of His world, the players are many, and the stakes high. While we may stand hedged in the protection of God's own Son, let us not forget that the finger of Satan remains on us; pointing in accusation.
 
I pray I continue to abide in Him and His provision and protection.

Father, may I never forget the magnitude of this battle we are in. I pray you lead others who are searching for Truth to myself and others that call upon Your name. May we meet them with understanding, humility, and love. Your gift of salvation is not head knowledge for us to keep to ourselves, but to share the knowledge of Your Son to others. Open doors, create opportunities, and give us the strength to stand ready to share when needed. May not our words reflect Your Son, but may our entire life. In the mighty name of Christ we pray.
 
Living Out of This World,
~Matthew
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts