Spiritual Naps

I feel like I just woke up from a long Spiritual nap! My journey with Him over the last few months has been good, but far too distant. I feel like I have been more on cruise control and asleep at the wheel than actively involved in His life He gave me. So as I rub my eyes and yawn, I will say it's good to be awake!

Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. [15] See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no "root of bitterness" springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled Hebrews 12:14-15

πικρία (pikria) in Greek comes with multiple descriptions, but none very pleasant! The translation chosen by most is as you read in verse 15, bitterness.

Do you have any bitter roots springing up on your spiritual garden causing trouble? Choking out other plants? Producing bitter fruit? Have you even did a check lately?

I haven't - and I do.

I haven't let Him tend to my garden much lately, and there is much pruning to do; both on the surface, and in the soil beneath. I have no shovel, no tiller, no chemicals that will be able to destroy these; but I do have Christ.

So I have been given notice, and I hand over control again to the One Gardener who can fix this. I feel almost embarrassed looking out at all my weeds and roots popping up. Yet He just smiles back at me just happy that I called on Him for the job.

Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done, but because of who You are.

Father, I stand covered in Crimson White.
Father, I stand in Grace only Your Son can provide.
Father, I stand sinful, yet faultless before The Throne by Your Gift.
And so Father, I will stand in joy!


Waking Up,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts