Cathan in Chicago was able to build at LegoLand a structure that withstood 5 earthquakes! OK, well it was a motorized platform that shook his tower, but you get my point! He had a good foundation. Did the color of the bricks matter? No. Could other towers be built to withstand that shake? Sure; with a good foundation.
So what about me? What are some of my foundation bricks that while some try to convince me otherwise, I just can't reasonably remove?
- To me the idea of a creator using intelligent design makes sense.
- To me the resurrection of Jesus happened and is supported.
- To me the story of the Bible is sound and consistent.
- To me the Holy Spirit has guided me in ways beyond description.
- To me Jesus is Who He says He is based on His life, the prophesy, and His miracles.
So where does that leave me? A God that makes sense, His Spirit guiding me, His Son dying for me, and His Word and will in my hands.
So where do I go from here?
I take that Book, that instruction manual for my life, and sit down with my Father and build something unshakable.
The more I go down this road, the more I study, the more I research, the more I open my eyes (not close them) the more this rock of a foundation is built. I know too much to go back ...