The Power of Burgess Falls

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
(Isaiah 43:2-3a ESV)
While this passage was to a nation, it speaks of His character to us still today.

There will be days I feel like I drowning.
There will be days I feel like I'm burning up.
Yet there will not be days without Him.

Even in days when there is a storm surrounding me, and I may feel that I'm at the edge of something unstoppable, I still have a foundation in Him to stand on. Knowing that regardless of my situation, or outcome, He is still the same yesterday, as He is today, as He will be tomorrow. I'm not promised that I will be guided around life's trials to avoid them, I'm just promised that He will be with me through each of them.





It reminded me of a time when we were hiking through Tennessee and came to Burgess Falls. There was a spot we could get to (due to water levels) where we could sit right on the side of the waterfall looking over. Here, in one of the pictures, my wife sits taking a short video of of something we could never quite capture in motion or still photo; and that's the truly awesome power of the rushing water all around us. Getting a chance to sit also at the base of the falls (after an interesting climb down with the kids!) was an experience neither of us will ever forget. Alone, just our family, in front of a power, sound, and mist so incredible it's hard to put into words.

... and that doesn't even begin to describe the power of our God!

Awestruck,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts