God, You are Loved!



... those are the words of my 6 year old daughter that continue to melt my heart. She has such a heart for God, and such a special understanding of love that it makes me smile day after day.
"We love because he first loved us." (1 John 4:19 ESV)

As I write this she walks up to me with a hand wrapped package of a few of her Easter candies with a note that says I <3 You. :)

I remember one time not too long ago we put a list in her room that she wanted to hang on her wall. The task was to think of things that God did for her, so throughout the coming days she could write down things that God did for her and reflect on them. First one on her list? "God created me to love Him" - Simple words with some profound theology! I know that for some, this idea is offensive; self-denial. Worship and submission are evil words in culture. Yet it's at the foot of the cross when I completely give up myself that I rise full of joy and victory. The more I give up my life, the more I enjoy it! It's a daily practice though!

I am laughing in joy as I type this right now because I love how counter-cultural His ways are, and yet how perfect and joy-filled they prove to be. Storms come and go in my life ... but it's His joy that is deeper and longer lasting than any surface level, temporary, happiness I could find elsewhere.

... I think my 6 year old gets it ... I wonder though if she knows that while Christ guides her through me at times, she is also guiding me :)

I love you Sabina ...

And yes ... God, You are Loved!

Comments

StrongNHim said…
Simply amazing words from anyone, let alone a 6 Jr old.

Awesomeness

Popular Posts