Playing for Him


In the last few days I've been through some difficult trials as well as some beautiful moments. From marriage, to parenting, to family, to friendships, to my own journey, it's been an action packed week. I've heard words of tragedy, and I've had times of complete peace. I've had some amazing times, and I've had some amazing trials. The thought of going through a week like I went through in the way I used to handle it boggles my mind.

I've tried life on own. I've tried to poke holes in the Bible, doubt the Resurrection, roll my eyes at a fairy-tale faith that some claimed as "Truth", and took care of things on my own. It worked out pretty well actually. School, career, money, friends, etc. Yet I never felt so empty. I of course didn't choose to really look at that aspect of my life (or even look like it on the outside). After all, on paper I was doing pretty good. It was those quiet times that got to me ... those times I had to myself when all the stuff I was doing was done for the night, and it was just me ... and silence. Anyway, I digress ...

Playing for Rebekah this morning was just another one of those moments where I feel His hand on me. It's impossible to explain unless you experience it yourself but I'm talking about something far beyond peace, or affirmation, or even love. To journey with the Lord in my life takes a beautiful moment, and makes it glorifying. To experience those times when I look at my wife, or child, with not eyes of a loving husband or father, but through His eyes, is life changing.

I often recall how my body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit (when meditating on what that means and how I should treat it). However, to stop there is awfully selfish. I need to look onto others that way too. When you look at your spouse, do you see a Temple of the Holy Spirit? You should.
"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV)"
So when I was playing for Rebekah this morning, I wasn't just playing for her, I was playing for Him. It's this type of relationship that helps me get through those crazy moments, and enjoy the beautiful ones even that much more.

Peace to you through Christ on this most beautiful season,
~Matthew

Comments

StrongNHim said…
That is a good point that people don't always see... In fact, I have never thought of it that way.

Thanks,
Karin said…
very nice and from where i am now very touching point thank you this will help you understand what it meant to me and your insight shared thank you

http://openbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/12/beauty-found-within-pain-and-color-of.html

Popular Posts