Food Processing



I've really been struggling as of late to get back into my routine that I love so much. Primarily I speak of running and blogging. I wouldn't say I'm in a spiritual desert, not at all. However I sometimes feel like He's blowing His Words into me like I blow into an empty bottle. There's air in there, but it's not going anywhere! Running keeps my physically healthy, and writing keeps me moving along His path spiritually.

Everyone needs to process their learning somehow, and for me, it's when I write. And as much as I finish my plate, or fill it with healthy choices, I need more than food to fill me up.
"And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD." (Deuteronomy 8:3 ESV)
OK, I'm going to get a little weird here but it's what I do best. You eat, you digest, and it pumps nutrients through your body as it goes through your system, right? (I'm leaving out the last part!) Well I feel full right now, and not just physically full. However I haven't really taken much time at all to digest all of this, and it's not doing me any good. I've learned some amazing things, shared some amazing times with friends, continue to stay in the Word and discuss stuff with the family, tended to my marriage, as well as had some stumbles (no big surprise there). However I haven't processed it as much as I want, and writing this all down really helps me. I love capturing in words my successes and failures; it helps me tremendously!

Recently, I put aside some "stuff" in my life that has been getting in the way of all this and look forward to balancing a bit more. I'm excited to see what He helps me process!

Thus I encourage you too, that even though this is a busy time of the year, spend some time processing yourself. Some can do it best with a friend, some need silence, and some write! However, don't let life get so busy that you don't have a chance to think about it all. Every day we write a check (in the amount of 24 hours of life) to what we give our time. Some of those purchases are beautiful, and we should think and enjoy those moments! Some are tragic, and we may need someone to come along side us to help cash those moments out. Whatever the case, I pray you find Him in each one.

His,
~Matthew

Comments

Tina Marie said…
Very sweet and thought provoking. Thank you for your words today.
StrongNHim said…
I agree, Matthew. We often let ourselves go during busy seasons of our lives and no one else pays for it like we do.
Anonymous said…
I always stared at that quote your mom has in the computer room at their house about what I do today is important because I exchange a day of my life for it. I agree with you that processing is a priority but the hurry up And do things to be productive society in which we live is not conducive to this process. I attempt to make this part of a family routine, but it seems an uphill battle. However, we are all connected and the more people who engage in reflection themselves and in their families and even at work (possible if you have a modicum of autonomy) and then discuss this process, the more buoyant its installation within a routine. Thank you for sharing

Popular Posts