Thank You First

Change is good right? Well I decided that I don't need to wait until I have the time to write a detailed entry every time; sometimes I miss out when God is speaking to me and I don't capture it because I am trying too hard or digging too deep. So while I will continue to post in my usual format, I will also be posting some quick thoughts as they occur to me during my time in the Word. I want to capture these thoughts, and who knows, maybe someone out there could use hearing them too.

A the leadership summit this year I was blessed to hear many speakers, including Steven Furtick. He reminded me that we don't say please, and thank you with God. We say thank you first, then we ask for requests. Coming across this passage it reminded me of just that; may I learn to start with thanking Him! I have so much to thank Him for, even on days that I struggle!
The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!” (Psalm 50:23 ESV)

Comments

Popular Posts