Being Shaped



I read a passage today that reminded me about giving a thank you card to someone after we are given a gift at a party; it’s just proper, right? I recently blogged on how we should approach God with thanksgiving first, and then present our requests afterwards. However, it occurred to me that we thank Him first because He already gave us gifts without us even asking, so of course a thank you is in order. So how to thank Him?
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, O God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. (Psalm 51:12-15 ESV)
I am restored, so that ...
   I can teach others to return to Christ.
I am delivered, so that ...
   I can sing of His righteousness.
I am given lips that open, so that ...
   I can declare His praise.

These gifts should shape us. A gift of restoration should shape how we react and relate to others. A gift of deliverance should shape how joyful we are to be free. The gift of having a voice (figuratively and literally) should shape us so that we just want to praise to Him! Let us loosen our soul like wet grains of sand, and be shaped by our Creator all over again; today! Amen? Amen!


~Matthew

Comments

Jeff said…
Thank you Matt...for your inspirational thoughts, as always...much appreciated Brother!

Popular Posts