Running With Confidence!

These past couple weeks for various reasons has given me some time to reflect on my journey. While I see many struggles through this process, I also see so many of His blessings in my life. Additionally, I look back on the man or boy that I was, and see many voids that have been filled by Him. I am so very eagerly looking forward to this next stage of my journey. Obedience can be scary and exhilarating all at the same time. However this passage was a sobering reminder to me of the stumbling blocks that my adversary can put in the way.

"You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion is not from him who calls you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump." - (Galatians 5:7-9 ESV)

Don't mistake me, my confidence is not conceit as it lies with Him not myself, but there is a sense of confidence (as there should be) with His presence in my life. Yet it's that confidence if not rested on Him where I think I risk falling away. I don't mean to discuss the Theological point of losing your salvation or not, but clearly the enemy (disguised in many ways) can pull us off His path.

May I learn to put on His armor daily, not mistaking who I am in a battle with. Yet let me never forget Who fights for me on my behalf if I submit and let Him take the front line.

In Christ I am praying for you now, many by name; may you have an amazing weekend in Him. Enjoy the weather, celebrate your fathers, laugh with your children, kiss your spouse, and smile and experience His amazing peace and joy!

Ride joyfully and confidently on His path ... but stand guard.

God loves you and so do I,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts