Taking Credit

There have been times either at work, in my personal life, or other areas where I have felt that my efforts were ignored; or worse yet, someone took credit for them. I'm sure we have all been there at one point or another. You put all this effort in to a project or task, only to be left hearing others either directly or indirectly take credit for your work. It's unnerving, and at times leaves me feeling bitter and frustrated.

I would never do that to someone else, especially God right?

"Any honours that come our way are only stolen from him to whom alone they really belong, the Lord who sent us." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Dicipleship

This quote from the book I'm reading really hit me hard. Not because of the how I see others do it, but because of how true it is for me. Reminds me of the song I sing worshiping Him as the words come out of my mouth "every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise". Really Matt?

I wonder how many times I've accepted praises for a job well done and have ignored the One who helped me?

Don't read this thinking I feel burdened with guilt, because I don't. If anything I feel released from the chains that have been holding me down. The more I see Him working in my life, the more amazed I feel; but I do want to change.

What's amazing is that we steal His credit so often, yet He continues to love us and yearns to embrace us regardless.

"And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. " (Luke 15:20 ESV)

Aren't hugs great? Especially from the Almighty God!? :)

~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts