Empty Me


I want to lead a life that is not consisting of a few relationships, but is rather defined by relationship. I think however that all too often I try to figure out what discipleship looks like to me, rather than what discipleship looks like to others that relate to me. Paul writes:
For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them.
(1 Corinthians 9:19 ESV)
May my walk with the Lord help me to understand how to live out a life of discipleship by servitude. I want to be a friend that when others see me they see Christ. Not from my works of course, but from a heart that reflects Christ's servitude. May I continue to learn how to die to self, of which holds me back from a full life that He wants for me. Oh the joy that I could experience by being a tool used by Christ to find a lost sheep and lead them to His cross!
I am reminded of the lyrics:
Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition 
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So i can be
Filled with you
(Chris Sligh, Empty Me)

Lord, help me to die to self; I am not my own, but Yours bought by a price I can never earn. Thank You for Grace!

~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts