Busyness and Confusion

Did you ever stop for a moment to look at the items on your metaphorical plate and just feel overwhelmed? Did it ever get piled so high, like this mammoth snowball, that it seems almost unmovable? While some of us may struggle in other ways, I have a feeling I’m not alone in answering yes to both of those questions.

As believers I know that He wants us to be a people of order and focus, and not a people of busyness and confusion. Unfortunately we can easy become over-committed with Kingdom work as well. Perhaps you are getting pulled physically or emotionally to do more in your community, your church, or your mission field. While I think that those things are critical and Kingdom building, I have a habit of taking on too much and thus becoming too unfocused and confused.

“For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.” (1 Corinthians 14:33a ESV)

So when I’m sensing confusion, rather than peace, I know it’s time to sort some things out.

Thus I’m at a point where I need to re-prioritize things as items are coming onto my plate that is already full. I’ve usually been pretty good at making sure I’m not over-committed, but lately it’s been sneaking up on me; thankfully, I have Him to help me with the priorities. Nonetheless, I need to make sure it’s His voice I’m hearing guide me, not mine or the voice of the enemy, which can be guilt disguised as conviction. So this weekend I plan on coming to Him with my full plate, and asking Him to take off what needs to be taken off, leave on what needs to be left on, and fill me with strength to do His will.

I know that I may enter this weekend burdened, but I will leave it free. I may enter this weekend unfocused and confused, but will leave it feeling clear minded and directed. I may enter this weekend without a plan, but will leave it feeling directed by Him. After all, He knows what is best for me.

Seeking His order,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts