Finding those treasures …


I love when those verses that are familiar to me jump off the page in a new light. I also love when at times it's just simply one word ...

"But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you." (Genesis 6:18 ESV)

What so clearly called out to me in that particular verse was the word come. God didn't tell Noah that he should go into the ark, as if to send him off on a journey that would change the face of the earth; He said come into the ark.

My point being that Emmanuel, God with us, while certainly personified with Christ, has still in many ways always been with us long before that. He was certainly with Noah when he told him to come into the ark.

Are you getting the same picture painted in your head that I did? Comforting was the first word that came to mind. One could call it foreshadowing of a future ark yet to come, however doesn’t this reflect His character from beginning to end? He’s always been a living God, active and present in the lives of those who know Him …

Just an observation; I love His Word!

Come to Him!
~Matthew

PS - Yes, we could be critical and do a word study as that Hebrew word (בּוֹאtransliteration to bow') is translated in some English Bibles as enter. However generally speaking I use more literal translations so we'll just stick with the word come!

Comments

Popular Posts