Alone in the Wilderness

Through His creation in nature I am often reminded of the plans He has for us. While I was staring at the skyline outside my cottage this weekend, my eye caught a small cluster of leaves, still clinging to the tree. I began thinking about all the wind, snow, and weather that these leaves must have seen, but yet they still cling to that tree.

It seemed quite unusual to me, and it reminded me of how I feel at times. How at times I feel alone in my journey, perhaps not understood by some family, or friends. I sometimes feel that I’m viewed as so different from others that there is a division between me, and the rest of the world.

Yet that most certainly isn’t the case. While we are told that indeed there will be many who fail to come to know Him (Matthew 7:14,22-23) we most certainly are not alone. It’s then that I began to notice other clusters of leaves, and even a few trees that were practically still full of their leaves! We most certainly are not alone, but we still need to cling to the Tree (John 15:5).

I enjoy continuing to find encouragement and symbolism of Him in so many places that I look. In this visual it made me think that while some may see me as a dead leaf, hopelessly clinging to something, I see it as being able to weather a storm and standing with my other brothers and sisters in Christ until the end (Mark 13:13)!

May His amazing peace and encouragement find you today!

~Matthew



“For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.” (Matthew 7:14 ESV) 
“On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’”(Matthew 7:22-23 ESV) 
“I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5 ESV) 
“And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.” (Mark 13:13 ESV)

Comments

Popular Posts