Picking Favorites

I was recently reminded of something that truly sickens me. I was interacting with a group of people on facebook and decided to browse an individual’s profile info as we were not friends and didn't know much about them. They professed Christ as their Lord, while at the same time belong to a group who is "praying" for the death of our current president. I've been disturbed by some things this administration has done, some greater than others, but I can never imagine myself professing Christ, Who "is" love, and using Him to ask for the death of a leader.

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4 (ESV)

He wants "all" to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, not whom "we" want to save. Little too much like wanting to play God if you ask me. If it is His will that a leader of a school, business, state, government is removed then it will happen. The fact that the individual isn't removed isn't a stamp of approval either. However praying for godly leaders to rise up and replace others is one thing, but for their death? No.

I can't recall whom to give credit for the quote but it states that "I haven't locked eyes with a person yet who doesn't matter to God". May we pray for our leaders, pray for our families, pray for our neighbors, especially if they don't know the Truth so that they may come to the knowledge of the Truth. Let's not pick favorites ... He doesn't ... unless it's Sports, because we all know He likes Detroit teams the best ... just look how He has blessed the Lions! :)


Comments

Popular Posts