Great Expectations

Don't you love those moments of positive expectation? Those moments where you have either been looking forward to them for a while, or those jewels of positive thoughts amidst tribulation? I have found myself trying to live in those moments more, enjoying my gift without letting outside forces pull me down. I am certainly not always successful! Most of my issues seem to stem from me wanting to control the situation, rather than doing my part and then giving it up to Him.



I've heard someone say that prayer without expectation is just unbelief in disguise. I think it's quite natural for us to feel that the picture is so big that my little problem isn't worth divine intervention, but we're not asked to think that way at all.
"But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me." Micah 7:7 (ESV)
The confidence in Micah is a goal for where I want to be at in my journey; sitting there, amidst a mess, knowing in my heart that He 'will' hear me.

Father help me to slow down, speak less, and listen more. Help me expect your blessings, support, and guidance with as much eagerness as a child has as he sees candles being lit for him on a cake!


Your baby boy,
~Matthew

Comments

Popular Posts