Will you just pay attention to me?

It's ironic that the other day I was getting frustrated with my son as he is fidgeting while I'm trying to have a conversation with him. Yes I know, I'm the only parent out there with that problem right? :) But all I wanted was an attentive child to sit, pay attention, and hopefully learn from some of my direction. After all, if our kids would listen to every word we said our job would be much easier! However, then they wouldn't be kids would they ...


I say it was ironic as last night I'm on my knees, in a silent room, attempting to shut up and listen to God ... I do a lot of talking and fidgeting when I'm praying, and far too little listening! It's so hard for me to stop and listen. I can almost hear Him telling me, "Will you just slow down, sit still, be quiet, so I can teach you something?" I hear Him saying "I have answers for some of your questions if you would be quiet enough to hear them!".

Let us not miss God in our midst because we're too busy fidgeting with life ...

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Comments

Popular Posts