Don't lose the wonder ...

This morning I sat down to make a few minutes to read. I usually don't do this in the morning but have gotten inspired to do so lately by the stories and joy from a friend of my wife. So I grabbed my Bible and sat on the bed. I was prompted from one of my devotionals to open up Psalm 19, and to be honest my first thought was "*sigh* I know this already". I've read it many times, and while one of my favorite passages (it subtitles my blog) I wanted get something fresh on this first of hopefully many mornings like this. But I didn't argue (too much) and sat and read it anyway. It starts:

The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours out speech,
and night to night reveals knowledge.


It's then that infancy hit me again. I've walked away from the basics (or at least started to) ... amazing basics, but basics. I crave that deeper theology, that challenging doctrine, that conviction to push me further, but in that I lost sight of just sitting back and marvling at our awesome God. I've even felt a little more attacked lately and realized that though the stuff I have been craving lately is wonderful, I still need to take a step back, get on my knees, let the tears flow in joy, and just think "you picked me?" ...

... He picked you too

Diving deep into His ocean of love is amazing and filled with wonderful Truth. However let us never forget the view we saw from the surface that made us want to take that jump in the first place.

We worship an amazing God

Freshly Amazed,
~Matthew

Comments

Margie said…
I have goose bumps!!! He is good, He is big, He is Holy! Never forget where He found us. He is majestic, in all things

Popular Posts