Handcuffed by this world

Galatians 4:9 (ESV)

But now that you have come to know God, or rather o to be known by God, p how can you turn back again to q the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more?

Do we desire eternal life? Do we want to know that we have an ultimate purpose here on this beautiful Earth? I've seen the bumper stickers, signs, etc. "Life is short, Eternity isn't". So whey then do we continue to go back to the "weak and worthless elementary principles of the world" and possibly sell our soul to the devil (literally).

I don't want this world more then I want Him! I don't want an HD TV if it means that I can watch Hell's Kitchen in great clarity but have even more clarity of the real thing later. I know it's not about the products, but it is about the love for them. How weak and worthless that new camera is if my desire for it outshines my desire for Him. How weak and worthless is playing my XBox 360 if my schedule is based around my online league, rather then Him. How weak and worthless is my leadership as a father, a husband, and a friend, if I reflect this world, rather then His glory.



We have a wonderful world, I live in a wonderful country, and we have wonderful advancements in medicine, and we have technology that makes many things in this world just plain fun at times, and I have been blessed with far more gifts then I deserve, but I do not want to let myself lift gifts above Giver.

Transformation! Transformation!! Transformation!!!

Lord, increase my faith! I don't ever want to go back! Keep me in this place with You ... daily, may we continue to find His path for us.

Bless you all

Comments

Popular Posts